Who does’nt love pizza?
I know I do! it is definitely in my top 10 favourite food list, the combinations of sauces and toppings are endless. For me, having a thin base means you actually get too enjoy whats on your pizza. The sweet, crunchy peppers, the richness of the sauce and the saltiness of the cheese. All of which are complemented by the thin crisp base.
This makes a great lunch or dinner if you are having a lazy day or fancy a quick but tasty meal. At first glance, using a tortilla flat bread for a pizza base may seem crazy, but if you have never done it before it is most definitely worth a try!
As I mentioned before about endless combinations, the sauce and toppings in this recipe can be easily modified if you do not have some of the ingredients. Feel free to switch up the combo of veggies or even throw on some meat! For the vegans out there you can also enjoy this by switching up the cheddar cheese for some grated mozzarella or cheddar style vegan Sheese!
Preparation: 2 minutes
Cooking: 8 minutes
- 1 Tortilla flat bread (10 inch)
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp olives ( I used green)
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1/2 a bell pepper
- 2 handfuls of grated (mild) cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas mark 4
- Place the tortilla bread on a baking tray and place in the oven for 2 minutes (This will dry out the bread so the end product is nice and crispy).
- In a small bowl mix the tomato puree with 2 tbsp of water and add in the herbs and salt (this will be your sauce for the base).
- Thinly slice the bell pepper and olives.
- Remove the flat bread from the oven.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread the sauce evenly onto the base leaving a 1 cm space around the edge.
- Top the pizza with the veggies and then the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?