This quick and easy dish has always been my go to lunch or dinner when i’m in a rush or just not in the mood to cook. The best thing about it is you can add your own flare by adding more or less of the vegetables or cheese in this recipe and it will still taste amazing.
Preparation: 3 minutes
Cooking: 12 minutes
- 300g Spaghetti
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 White onion
- 6 Mushrooms
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 150g Spinach leaves
- 200ml Double cream
- 20g Mild cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp White pepper
- Cook the spaghetti in salted boiling water for the time stated on the pack (approximately 12 minutes).
- Thinly slice the white onion and mushroom and crush the garlic.
- Melt the butter in a medium sized pan and fry the onion and mushroom for 3 minutes until soft and coloured, then add in the garlic and fry for a further 1 minute.
- Wash and dry the spinach, then add into the pan.
- Season with the salt and pepper, then add in the cream and cheese.
- Simmer on a low heat until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Finally drain the pasta and add it straight into the sauce, and serve immediately.
NOTE: Not rinsing the pasta after cooking leaves the starch surrounding each strand intact, this helps the hot pasta to stick to the sauce and also adds more flavour to your dish!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?