Since the beginning of time pancakes have always been one of my many favourites. Coming up with new flavour combinations is my calling, and as a result I decided to make these beauties. Most people including some of my family members are afraid to try new things but i’m all for it! Although an unusual combo I must say that the flavours of the banana and coconut worked very well in these pancakes.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 12 minutes
- 1 Ripe banana (crushed)
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 50g Self raising flour
- 25g Coconut flour
- 5g Desiccated coconut (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 75ml Milk
- (OPTIONAL: 1/2 tbsp Coconut oil for frying)
- In a large bowl combine the crushed banana, vanilla, self raising flour, coconut flour, desiccated coconut and baking powder.
- Then mix in the egg, followed by the milk and whisk until a thick, smooth batter is formed.
- Heat a non-stick pan (or heat coconut oil in a pan) and spoon in the batter a ladle at a time. Cook until golden on each side.
- Serve with butter, golden syrup, desiccated coconut and fresh berries.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?