Since the beginning of time pancakes have always been one of my many favourites. Coming up with new flavour combinations is my calling, and as a result I decided to make these beauties. Most people including some of my family members are afraid to try new things but i’m all for it! Although an unusual combo I must say that the flavours of the banana and coconut worked very well in these pancakes.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 12 minutes
- 1 Ripe banana (crushed)
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 50g Self raising flour
- 25g Coconut flour
- 5g Desiccated coconut (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 75ml Milk
- (OPTIONAL: 1/2 tbsp Coconut oil for frying)
- In a large bowl combine the crushed banana, vanilla, self raising flour, coconut flour, desiccated coconut and baking powder.
- Then mix in the egg, followed by the milk and whisk until a thick, smooth batter is formed.
- Heat a non-stick pan (or heat coconut oil in a pan) and spoon in the batter a ladle at a time. Cook until golden on each side.
- Serve with butter, golden syrup, desiccated coconut and fresh berries.