Soup is great, don’t you think? There are endless possibilities and flavours which can be made into soup. On this occasion I have created a rich, thick and smooth tomato soup, which is also gluten free and vegetarian. I have served my soup with shredded basil and of course parmesan shavings, but feel free to give this dish your own personal flare!
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking 20: minutes
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400g Chopped tin tomatoes
- 2 Carrots
- 1 medium sized Potato
- 2 Onions
- 1 ltr Veg stock
- a handful of Basil
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic
- Dice the onions, carrots and potato then saute them in the oil for 7 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add in the salt, pepper, garlic and sugar then saute for a further 3 minutes.
- Pour in the tin tomatoes, vegetable stock and basil, then bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes until all the vegetables are cooked and softened.
- Blend the soup until smooth and serve.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?