These thick, juicy minted lamb burgers are the easiest you’ll ever make, plus they taste absolutely delicious that’s got to be a bonus right? The roasted sweet potato chips served alongside are the perfect match. I would classify myself as a certified lover of cheese and usually cannot have a burger without a slice, but this beauty needed no extra’s; it was pure perfection!
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking 30: minutes
- 800g Lamb mince
- 1 Red onion
- 5 tbsp Fresh mint leaves (Chopped)
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Pepper
- 2 thinly sliced Red onions
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Balsmaic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 5 tbsp Plain natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp Mint sauce
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
Sweet potato chips:
- 4 Medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas mark 6.
- Finely dice the red onion and chop up the mint leaves.
- Combine the lamb, onion, mint, salt and pepper and mix well with your hands.
- Divide the mixture into 6 evenly sized patties, then place on a tray and into the fridge.
- Meanwhile peel and cut the sweet potato into 1cm thick chips.
- Season the chips with salt and paprika then toss then in the veg oil, and bake in the oven until coloured and crispy.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over a low heat, then add in the onions, salt and cook slowly for 10 minutes until they are soft.
- Once the onions are soft add in the balsamic and sugar and caramalise for a further 5 minutes.
- Heat a non stick pan over a medium heat, and fry the patties till they are coloured.
- Finish cooking the patties in a hot oven for a further 10 minutes (once fully cooked the juices should run clear).
- Combine the ingredients for the yogurt sauce and mix well.
- Begin assembling the burgers and enjoy!