While strolling through the supermarket I came across the fish aisle, where these beautiful fillets of smoked haddock were calling my name, ofcourse I gave in and ended up making one of my favourite dishes…Risotto!
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 35 minutes
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil (plus a little extra for the halloumi
- 1 White onion (finely diced)
- 2 Cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 Small courgette (finely diced)
- 30g Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tbsp Cream cheese (Philladelpia)
- 1.5 litres Vegetable stock (hot)
- 250g Risotto rice
- 240g Smoked haddock
- 15g Parsley (finely chopped)
- Black pepper
- 125g Halloumi cheese (sliced in to 4 slices)
- Place the haddock in a pan and cover with the milk, poach for 15 minutes until the haddock is cooked and firm.
- Remove the haddock from the milk, allow to cool slightly then flake into chunks.
- In a medium-sized pan saute the onion and garlic in the oil on a medium heat until they become transparent.
- Next add in the courgettes and cook for a further 5 minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
- Add the risotto rice into the pan and stir well. The add in the stock a ladle at a time making sure that first ladle has been absorbed before adding the next. (The risotto can burn easily at this stage so keep watch and stir continuously).
- Once all the stock has been absorbed stir in the cream cheese and Parmesan, then fold in the smoked haddock.
- Fry the halloumi in a lightly oiled, hot pan for 10 seconds each side until golden. Then fold the parsley into the risotto and serve immediately.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?