While strolling through the supermarket I came across the fish aisle, where these beautiful fillets of smoked haddock were calling my name, ofcourse I gave in and ended up making one of my favourite dishes…Risotto!
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 35 minutes
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil (plus a little extra for the halloumi
- 1 White onion (finely diced)
- 2 Cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 Small courgette (finely diced)
- 30g Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tbsp Cream cheese (Philladelpia)
- 1.5 litres Vegetable stock (hot)
- 250g Risotto rice
- 240g Smoked haddock
- 15g Parsley (finely chopped)
- Black pepper
- 125g Halloumi cheese (sliced in to 4 slices)
- Place the haddock in a pan and cover with the milk, poach for 15 minutes until the haddock is cooked and firm.
- Remove the haddock from the milk, allow to cool slightly then flake into chunks.
- In a medium-sized pan saute the onion and garlic in the oil on a medium heat until they become transparent.
- Next add in the courgettes and cook for a further 5 minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
- Add the risotto rice into the pan and stir well. The add in the stock a ladle at a time making sure that first ladle has been absorbed before adding the next. (The risotto can burn easily at this stage so keep watch and stir continuously).
- Once all the stock has been absorbed stir in the cream cheese and Parmesan, then fold in the smoked haddock.
- Fry the halloumi in a lightly oiled, hot pan for 10 seconds each side until golden. Then fold the parsley into the risotto and serve immediately.