Among others, strawberries where one of the fruits to hit supermarket shelves this month. I must admit I went a little overboard, I found myself buying strawberries every time I made a trip to the supermarket. As you can imagine my fridge became filled with them, every where I looked strawberries! Aside from smoothies I pondered upon what I could make with them. That is when I came up with these delicious, soft, moist strawberry and coconut mini muffins. They are easy to make and taste amazing. Here’s the recipe!
Makes 12 muffins
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- 60g Caster sugar
- 50g Light brown sugar
- 30g Coconut oil
- 80g Butter (softened)
- 2 Eggs
- 110g Self raising flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 30g Strawberries (finely chopped)
- 25g Desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas mark 4/170°C fan oven.
- Whisk together the brown sugar, caster sugar, coconut oil, butter and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time until they are well incorporated into the mixture.
- Then fold in the chopped strawberries, coconut, the flour and milk.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, until well risen and golden.