Among others, strawberries where one of the fruits to hit supermarket shelves this month. I must admit I went a little overboard, I found myself buying strawberries every time I made a trip to the supermarket. As you can imagine my fridge became filled with them, every where I looked strawberries! Aside from smoothies I pondered upon what I could make with them. That is when I came up with these delicious, soft, moist strawberry and coconut mini muffins. They are easy to make and taste amazing. Here’s the recipe!
Makes 12 muffins
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- 60g Caster sugar
- 50g Light brown sugar
- 30g Coconut oil
- 80g Butter (softened)
- 2 Eggs
- 110g Self raising flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 30g Strawberries (finely chopped)
- 25g Desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas mark 4/170°C fan oven.
- Whisk together the brown sugar, caster sugar, coconut oil, butter and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time until they are well incorporated into the mixture.
- Then fold in the chopped strawberries, coconut, the flour and milk.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, until well risen and golden.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?