Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- 4 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 white onion
- 3 medium-sized Sweet potatoes
- 1 medium-sized Maris piper potato
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 3 tsp Salt
- 4 tsp Ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 100g Red lentils
- 1 litre Vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- Small bunch of fresh coriander leaves
- 5 tbsp Virgin olive oil
- Roughly dice the onion and potato, then crush the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a medium sized pot, over a medium heat and fry the onions for 4 minutes until translucent.
- Then add in the garlic and both potatoes and fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Add in the lentils, salt, pepper, paprika, vegetable stock and sugar, bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Puree the soup until smooth using a food processor or hand blender ( I used a hand blender).
- For the herb oil blend together the olive oil and coriander.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?